Supplier Quality Engineer with expertise in the Electrical commodities to implement tools and processes to insure suppliers starting new work are prepared and have robust plans to deliver first time quality to CLIENTS Systems’ program customers.
You will investigate, evaluate, and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends, and leading continuous improvement projects.You also will conduct capability assessments that verify supplier qualifications, travel to assigned suppliers, and lead multiple projects to completion.
You will be reporting to the Supplier Quality Director, Northeast Region. Expected travel is approximately 50%. This will be mostly local day trips with some overnight travel in the region. Additionally, you will:
- Utilize supplier Scorecards/metrics and analytical tools to quantify performance levels.
- Evaluate the impact of nonconforming product and assess suppliers’ corrective actions.
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers.
- Perform Source Inspection of product at supplier locations.
- Perform and Evaluate First Article Inspections per the requirements of AS9102.
- Drive “Zero Defect” mentality within the supply base.
- Autotime, TipQA, PDM, Excel.
- Lean Six Sigma Green / Black Belt.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system/Quality Management Software.
- Working knowledge of AS9100 Quality System and AS9102B First Article.
- Working knowledge of PWB/PCB/CCA inspection/test, equipment and instrumentation.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in Supplier Quality Engineering.
- Special Process application and validation (i.e. plating, paint, welding, heat treat)
- Working knowledge and experience with Environmental Stress Screening (ESS).
- Working knowledge of supply chain logistics from raw material to finished goods.
Experience in Avionics or Defense Electronics Prime Contract environment, high volume manufacturing environment. Strong understanding of 8D problem solving methodology. Ability to generate cost reductions. Executing or coaching suppliers on AS9102 FAIs and PPVs. Working knowledge of APQP and PPAP techniques. IPC-A-600 or IPC-A-610 certification.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technical field.
**Must be eligible for DOD Secret security clearance