Our client is seeking a Principal Software Engineer in support of the next generation weather satellite for the US Air Force.
Our client is developing a next generation weather satellite payload for the U.S. Government. In addition, Our client is developing next generation EO/IR imaging sensors for the DoD. Our client offers very competitive pay with a high quality benefits package to well qualified candidates including Medical and Dental coverage, a 401(K) plan with company match, 4 weeks’ vacation plus 1 week sick time, and potentially an equity position in the company. Our client is looking for a driven, self-motivated software developer ready to assume the technical lead position on a small team developing software for this next generation environmental monitoring satellite system. The responsibilities include developing software requirements and code implementation through system integration, validation, test, and launch. The software will provide payload command and control and interface to various sub-systems. The candidate will be interfacing with the customer, vendors, and other software teams, and as such, good communication and presentation skills are required. The development will be done in C running on Linux. The target hardware will consist of a single board computer in a space qualified processing assembly. This position is only open to a U.S. citizens able to obtain a security clearance. No security clearance is required at this time but may be required in the future.
The candidate’s qualifications should include (experience must be within the last ten years):
- Experience in the software development for a successful satellite payload (this is optional if other requirements are met)
- Demonstrated experience in a software technical lead position
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle from requirements through design, implementation, testing, and validation.
- Experience documenting software development lifecycle
- 7+ years of C development experience for Linux including software design
- U.S. citizen able to obtain a security clearance