Verifies and keeps records on outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment: Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Domestic and International shipping experience is required.
- Arrange International Freight, Bill of Ladings, Waybills & Pick-up Schedules
- Determine Associated Costs
- Knowledge of acceptable shipping materials and methods
- Performs transactions in operating system as required in recording of all outgoing shipment information.
- Prepares shipping documents, package the goods in shipping containers using spacers, fillers and protective padding. Properly address and label shipments, ensuring correct freight or postal rates are used
- Ensure all customer shipping instructions/requirements are met
- Arrange pickups with carriers outside of normal pickup schedules.
- Coordinate hand carries, occasionally required to deliver hand carries
- May direct others in preparing outgoing shipments.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies, submit replenishment requests as needed
- May have to use scanners, postage machines, scales and in some cases, operate tier-lift truck or use hand truck to move, convey or hoist shipments to shipping and receiving platform to perform these job duties.
- Responsible for keeping shipping & dock area clear & safe of material and debris
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing dynamics
- Ability to follow all written and oral instructions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Oral Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Degree: High School diploma/GED preferred
2-5 years in shipping – receiving